Monday, January 14, 2013


"My New Toy"


I brought my first DSLR about 4yrs ago and was thrilled with it but recently I brought my oldest DD a different brand DSLR from Christmas and the quality was so much better so with every penny I had saved I got a New Toy for Christmas. What more could I ask for, well maybe some kids that stand still lol.


Scrapmatts Film Strips 03 come in a pack of 3 and were perfect for this layout, I started out by inking the pieces in a dark mix'd media inx these inx stay wet for a long time so I was able to sprinkle a little black, dark brown and copper embossing powder here and there over the pieces and not need veramark etc, when heating your embossing powder the colours will blend together creating the affect of an old film strip you can blend your colours more by using the heat gun to push the colours around while heating them or repeating the embossing process while it is still wet until you are happy with the look.


Adding a die-cut camera and matching washi tape helps carry the theme on. (my first time using washi tape, something else that's new)


I added 2 Scrapmatts butterfly's embossing both of them and then layering them 


For the background of this page I started by putting random blobs of texture paste over my background and spraying it with glimmer mist to colour the paste, as I added each layer of paper I added more texture paste to each corner of paper and more glimmer mist.


A collection of Green Tara black blooms and roses and a couple of Prima flowers.


Small photos that I have taken with this new toys have been added to the Tim Holtz film strip.




Green Tara black flower vine and roses


Scrapmatts products used

Butterflies 20 - CB1158
Film Strip 03 - CB3001

Green Tara Products used

Poppy 8cm Organza Flowers Black 12 pcs  CODE: XF9212BL
Black Apple Blossoms    CODE: FDV044BL
Flower Sprays Black   CODE: PFSTBL
1.5cm Roses Mint  CODE: FDR003Mi
1.5cm Roses Ivory  CODE: FDR003Iv

Other products used

 Prima papers, kaiser die-cuts, Thickers letters, Prima rhinestones, Prima flowers, tim holtz film strip, texture paste, frenchville tissue paste, mix'd media inx and embossing powder, Alison ellis embossing powder, glimmer mist.

1 comment:

Thankyou for stopping by, I really appreciate you taking the time to comment.