I was truly taken out of my comfort zone with these papers, which is a good thing, it tests the imagination and gets my creative spirit flowing.
"Rock n Roll"
This is miss DD 12 taken as she left for her year 6 farewell last year, although they did not have a rock n roll theme she rocked up in a beautiful red Chev. I've muted the colour of the car to fit better with that paper colours but still left some of the red.
I have used the new Milkshake collection which is a mixture of pastel colours with the 50-60's theme
- Using C58 005 as your background piece ink the edge in a black ink, I've used a distress ink in black soot.
- I've cut the bottom of the die cut window/arch MC58 002 and inked the edges as much as I could in black.
- Cut the blue clock out of MC58 001 die cut pack and slightly distress the edges, I've also added a little white gesso to the edges
- Cut a 3/4" strip from C58 005 along the black check area of the page and trim one end to look like a banner. Ink the edges in black ink.
- Cut the girl out of paper C56 006, placing foam dots on her back.
- Cut a 1" strip and a 1.5" strip from C58 006 and cut a banner shape into one end of each. Ink the edges.
- Using chipboard word Rock n Roll DC58 004 I have first painted with black then added gesso to the edges, once dry I've coated it in some clear crackle gloss,
- Ive die cut some leaves and vines from a die cutter using paper C58 006 and lightly inked the edges in black..
- Position the die cut window in the center of the page and using coloured texture paste and a mask you can create the look of the window being extended across the page, once dry I placed the mask back over the area and added a little white gesso over the edges of the mask to give the area a 2 tone affect.
- You can now lay all your elements onto the background paper, threading the vines through the window and adding some small roses to the vines.
- Finish up with a few splashes of black paint or ink over the page, and a texture stamp used around the edge of the page.